Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rooting Out the Doubt

Let your roots grow down into Him.
Let your lives be built on Him.
Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught
and you will overflow with thankfulness.
For God is working in you, giving you the desire and power to do what pleases Him.
Live clean innocent lives as children of God.
Hold firmly to the Word of Life.
Excerpt from: Philippians 2 and Colossians
(Thank you ro www.godsgracefulness.com for permission to repost)
This was just what I needed to hear today! If you have been following my blog you know I have been given verses about growing roots, settling down. This last week has been filled with doubt for me.

My nephew heard something during children's church two Sundays ago that didn't sit well with him. So, he asked me and I didn't have a good answer. I told him I would find out. The answer was not what I wanted to hear...but God's ways are not our ways. Well, this gave doubt an open door.

I have a bachelor's degree in Anthropology. I have a curious and inquiring mind and I like to find out facts. This is one reason I have had a difficult time with becoming a Christian. The reason I bring this up now is not to get into the science/religion debate but to let you know that I like to analyze things and think things through. I like things to make sense.  I want to Know!

When I read the above post from God's Gracefulness I felt God telling me to remain faithful, that the roots he wants me to grow are spiritual roots. He wants me to "settle down" with Him and my faith.

I have been going to two churches, of different denominations. Doesn't seem like it should be a big deal. But that has also let the enemy in to confuse me. My spiritual roots aren't deep enough yet. I am still a spiritual baby, and I crave pure spiritual milk. I need to get that spiritual milk from one place to decrease the confusion.

I pray the Lord plants me in the garden in which He wants my roots to grow deep so that I may bloom and bring joy to others. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment