Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I hear you Lord, but I don't understand yet

Last night I prayed for my cousin who I haven't seen since I was a little girl and for some others that needed prayer. I was given verses to share to encourage and lift up these wonderful people. After I shared the verses I read the Psalm again and felt a verse call out to me. God must want me to notice that verse. Well, maybe I am just wishful, I doubt God has really given me this verse since I'm sure (in my own mind) that there is no chance of a relationship in my future.

Tonight my niece handed me my Kindle because she had finished her book. My sister was using my computer so I turned on the Kindle and started reading. Wouldn't you know it, the Lord put that same verse in the second paragraph I was reading. If I put this verse together with a verse from earlier in the week it sounds like God may be telling me there is a family in my future. That isn't a longing I want to open up right now because it leads straight into the deepest depths of depression. But, this is God talking. Is God telling me to open my heart to the possiblity? Or is God telling me that I am home with family-my mom, my sister, niece, and nephew?

Let me share the verses. First, I was given a passage in Jeremiah. I posted previously on Jeremiah 29:5-Build houses and settle down, plant gardens and eat what they produce. But that was only the beginning of the passage. The next verse states:

Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there; do not decrease. (Jer 29:6)

And here is the verse from last night and tonight: Psalm 68:6

God sets the lonely in families

I am lonely Lord, and I would love for You to set me in a family. Lord, if this is Your will for my life, open my heart and my mind and my life to the person you have planned. If it is Your will that being set in  a family means continuing to live with mom, sister, niece and nephew please give me the wisdom to understand this and accept this with a grateful heart.

If I have any readers out there that would like to offer some Godly advice, I am all ears...ummm...eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment