Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Precious Gift of Life

Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. Romans 5:18

I had an inspiration the other day for a personal devotion-using my birth month and date as a focus. So this morning I went through the New Testament and wrote down all of the 5:18 verses as a start. I am going to go back and pray over each verse and read more around the verses, but for today this verse in Romans stood out to me.

Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, the day Christians celebrate Jesus' resurrection. Today is the day that Jesus is in the tomb, dead, taking our sins and burying them.

This verse in Romans reminds us that one transgression allowed death into the world, but with one amazing act of sacrifice-a sacrifice that was holy and pure- life was given to all humanity.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord Almighty, for sending Your Son to walk among us, to experience a human life with all of its temptations and yet to remain pure, not succumbing to the world of flesh. Thank you Jesus, for taking on the sins of the world, of all humanity, for all time and taking them to the grave so that we may have access to the Father through the Son. You are worthy of all praise and glory. I lift my hands and bow my head to You for Yours is the Glory and Power forever. Amen

Celebrate Easter with much joy dear friends, for this is the day Our Lord and Savior conquered death and gave us life!



No comments:

Post a Comment